We were supposed to be on the Oregon Coast for all of spring break but the weather was looking rather sour so our "stop off" in Portland ended up being the whole trip. We went to the zoo with Tania, Miller and Dallin and then took our time driving home the next day. The zoo was great! It was chilly and a we had a little bit of rain but we practically had the zoo to ourselves which was awesome. We saw lions (if you count mountain lions), a tiger and bears (oh my). We also saw an elephant, a giraffe, penguins, sea lions, zebras, hippos, rhinosarus', naked mole rats, bats (these creeped Jason out but I found them very cool), a lot of birds (Pat I am sure Jason will have you identify some--don't get stumped on the robins :) ) plus some other animals that are slipping my mind at the moment. We got our environmentalist fill for the year as every time we turned around there was another sign telling us how bad humans are for the environment. I am all for being a good steward of the Earth but this was a little overboard.
On the way home we stopped at IKEA (love that place) and then took the scenic route home. It was so beautiful (an a touch rainy)! The kids would have been happy to spend a lot more time hiking but sadly we were short on daylight and Jason and I wanted to get home before midnight.
No comments:
Post a Comment