I am trying to shed 10-15 pounds before summer. For a good month I was trying to think it away (you know how that brain power burns calories). So when that didn't get me anywhere I decided that I needed to eat less and exercise more. Novel concept, I know. I have a hard time getting on a regular exercise schedule because Jason travels a lot and I have to work around Eli's schedule. Sometimes he rocks the boat and throws everything off. But recently I have been able to run short distances a few days a week and I am trying to cut down on the treats. As of this morning, I had lost three pounds in about ten days. I was so happy this morning! Four hours later while shopping at Walmart I found some cream cheese filled croissants with cream cheese frosting on top. Do you think I passed them by? Are you kidding? I just lost three pounds so I should reward myself right? I did exercise
some self control. There were five in the box and instead of eating all of them before Jason or the kids came home I only ate one and that way everyone else got one too.

So this got me thinking about how much I love white bread treats. We all use wheat bread for our sandwiches. But for me there's something about white bread that says, "treat" to me. Here are some of my fav's. . . cinnamon rolls (good ones, like the kind Jason's mom made), croissants (filled or plain), donuts, white dinner rolls (the kind Eileen Cheney makes!) with jam, Great Harvest white bread toasted with butter and cinnamon and sugar or honey or homemade jam. I am getting hungry just thinking about it.
I know I will never completely cut these things from my diet. Why set myself up for failure? And why deprive myself when I know that after an indiscretion like the one I had today I can happily add an extra mile to my run tomorrow!
4 comments:
Congratulations on the 3 pounds! And on only eating one treat! It's hard to find time to exercise with little ones and a busy husband. Good for you that you have been able to take advantage of what time you have. I always think, do I exercise or take a nap with this free time. I usually fall asleep trying to decide, and then you know the rest of the story.
so many of us are with you in trying to lose 10 pounds!!
I was practically drooling reading your list of the white breads you love. mmmmmmm, eileen's rolls!!!
You're making me hungry, too. For the record, I think you look great but congratulations on the 3 pounds!
Yeah 3 pounds! But why, you don't need to!?! Mat says he's gained 12 pounds in the last month so not to worry! Ha! My whole outlook on eating is to enjoy what you want, just in small portions. I've lost 20 pounds doing that so go ahead and enjoy your white bread treats! I am waiting white bread with jam right now!
Post a Comment