Ethan tried to play an April Fool on all of us but unfortunately for him it all backfired. He was hoping for a big reaction and he got nothin'! Last night he snuck through the house moving all the clocks ahead one hour so we would mistakenly wake up an hour early. His first problem was when he realized that my clock radio is SO old (yes I got it for Christmas my 9th grade year and it still works great!) that he couldn't figure out how to set it.

So he had to let me in on his little secret. Then he tried to get Jason to, "just let me look at your watch, I want to check it out." Jason was having none of it since it was after bed time and we wanted the kids in bed. Even if he had gotten a hold of it, it wouldn't matter because Jason has an atomic watch that automatically updates the time 24/7.

So at 5 am (the clock said 6 am) when Jason's alarm went off he checked his watch, turned off his alarm and turned over. Ethan was out cold and slept through his joke. I guess there's always next year!
3 comments:
Hey, at least he tried, right? I love hearing about all the tricks and I understand with the 9th grade radio...mine is from the 6th grade and Mat even took it into the garage when he was painting, got paint all over it and melted it in the sun. It still works great!!!
I love that you have this blog! Oh wait I say that every time I read it. I finally feel like I know what is going on in your life. In fact I think we need to get together and form a club for women who have traveling husbands. We could share all kinds of tips and ideas in how to survive it.
Love the pictures of the kids on Easter. I just wish they were all dressed up at our church.
Poor Ethan...maybe next year!!!
Post a Comment