Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What time is it?*!#$?

My watch battery has been dying for a LONG time. For the last week my poor watch has been limping sadly. I bought a battery and finally this week I pulled the back off the watch to change the battery. Much to my dismay there is some little thing I have to unlatch to get the old battery out. I tried to "unlatch" it but I think a special tool is required and my leatherman micra isn't it. I may have caused irreparable damage. I have been going absolutely insane without my watch. I had no idea how much I depend on it. I time everything (a little OCD tendency)! I set the alarm a couple of times a day to remind me of something. I set the timer for food, kids, reading, anything. Jason suggested I wear his old watch until he gets home and he will see what he can do. His watch is about as heavy as a watermelon and hangs on my wrist like a size 16 dress on a size 4 gal. That lasted less than a day but I did carry it around with me for a while just to have instant access to the time. When I lost his watch (sorry honey, I am sure you will find it when you get home) I was timeless again. You'd think I don't have a clock in the house. I do, just not one in every room and I think that's about to change. . .

2 comments:

The Eagar Boones said...

Hey, I am right there with you. I forgot to wear my watch to church on Sunday and I looked at my wrist at least 20 times. it was driving me crazy, i put it back on the moment i got home. I also use the alarm and timer at least once a day. the timer is usually set to 4 minutes: Jeb's timeout time!

Laurie said...

Hee!Hee! I love the size 16 on a size 4 gal! What kind of watch do you have that doesn't weigh as much as a watermelon but still does all of that for you? Please tell! I hope Jason was able to fix it for you.