Sunday, April 13, 2008

The rest of Spring Break

While in Oregon we stayed at a hotel in a semi-ghetto area of Beaverton and survived our kids being crazy in the hotel and Elijah hardly sleeping. It was so bad that Jason left the king sized bed to Elijah and I and slept with Ethan on a hide-a-bed! Now that's bad. The next morning we went to a Krispy Kreme joint so the kids could learn the finer points of making a food that will add cholesterol to your vessels faster than you can ask, "How many calories per serving?" I think we spent an hour there.


The rest of our spring break was spent cleaning or laying around being lazy or working on the yard. On Thursday Jason was gone and Ethan had a friend over. On the way to our house he told his pal, "I am kind of glad my Dad is gone today because he would have me outside working!" I had to think of my own father and his 'crazy' idea that holidays were meant for yard work! I never did understand that but now it's sinking in, just a little. I can certainly sympathize with Ethan. I actually didn't work in the yard because I was taking care of Elijah and cleaning the house. But Jason and the kids spent a fair amount of time outside and by Saturday the weather was sunny and warm. They built grow boxes for our garden, weeded, mowed and bought $.12 goldfish for a little fountain in our backyard. The kids think it's fantastic. Now we have our own personal fish; it's almost like having a pet. . . almost. Jason and I are taking bets on how long they will last.

Quote of the week. . .

Yesterday Nathanael said to me, "Mom, do you know what my favorite part of our trip was?" "What?" I asked. "Going to Krispy Kreme and being at the hotel. My waffle was really, really good." I asked, "What about the zoo?" He said, "Oh yea, that too." I guess the way to his heart is through his belly.

1 comment:

Jarom said...

I like the skinny girl quote. Funny.