Tuesday, December 2, 2008

anti chunk

Eli enjoying some peas


What kind of baby prefers pasty bottled peas to freshly smashed, perfectly ripened banana?

Mine of course. We are trying to get Eli to eat table food- smashed table food of course. He's not interested in anything that hasn't been pureed. If there are chunks mixed in with his mushy food he won't have anything to do with it- spits it out, turns his head and he's been known to growl.

Stubborn child. And smart (He watches us closely as we prepare his food and he won't even try it if he sees we have sneaked in a little something under the radar). And happy. And cute. But stubborn.

And soon to be hungry as his first birthday approaches and the baby food disappears. He'll eat then won't he?


3 comments:

Heather Skahill said...

Hmmm...sounds familiar. I bet he gets that from his mom. Maybe he won't like refried beans either!

Clark Family said...

Could that kid be any cuter? I wonder where that stubborness comes from??? hmmmmmm...

Smullin Family said...

Loved your list of Thankfuls. It hasn't even been a WHOLE week since Thanksgiving, so you're doing great.
Seems like Christmas wants to come early this year. I feel like I've been "doing Christmas" for several weeks now and it's only Dec 3rd (ok technically Dec 4th). Is it just me?
That Eli is one of the cutest babies ever! Funny too. :o)