Eli went nuts on his big day. He was yelling at the dishwasher because the dial wouldn't turn to his liking. He never noticed the dial before his birthday. He wreaked havoc on the old radio I listen to when getting ready in the morning. Usually he ignores it, maybe takes a second look at the cord but that's it. On his birthday he was turning every dial with glee. And moving on from the radio he happily discovered a large white item in the corner of the bathroom. Yes he has ignored the toilet for all of his crawling days, but not last Tuesday. He was all about the toilet on his birthday. He was spiritedly yipping and yacking and oohing and booing and lots of yelling "MA! MA! MA! MA!" There was also a healthy dose of laughter and surprise at the many things he noticed today that he has never noticed before. I guess one day really can make a difference.
And a chunk update. We have really been working the chunks with Eli and he's coming around! Yea for chunks. For his birthday dessert he got a frosted cupcake and ice cream. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting- there's a vegetable, grain and dairy in there with just a *tiny* bit of fat/sugar so I figure we are good calling it a well balanced meal, don't you agree? He was pretty unsure of the cupcake at first. He poked it with his pointer and became interested as he noticed the frosting stuck to his finger. The finger then went right to his mouth and that was the end of the story with the frosting. He dipped and licked for quite a long time. After accidentally pushing the cupcake over, he managed to pick a bit of the cake off and found that wasn't bad either. I am impressed that he ate any of it considering he has had hardly any table food. He was apprehensive about the ice cream too, but it didn't take long for him to realize that it is yumilicious.
2 comments:
I don't think there's a cuter baby boy out there. He is such a cutie. Sounds like you have your hands full. Does he stay out of your tree? Bet that's fun!
Happy Birthday you cute boy!!! I was just thinking of how last year on Christmas day we came over and I held baby Eli and got my baby fix. He was so perfect. Sounds like he's turning into a toddler! If you ever think he is too much to handle, just remember me chasing around TWO of them! Maybe that will help. :-) Miss you guys.
Post a Comment