What do you when your ten year old wants to wear the same sweatshirt all day everyday for a week? He believes that, "it's like a coat" so of course you could wear it a lot without it being washed. After all, we don't wash his coat every day, right? I tell him he has enough clothes in his closet that he doesn't need to wear it every day. Or even every other day for that matter. He is incredulous. The other morning I spied a food dribble on it and said, sorry, it's dirty and it shows so pick something else. He was ticked. So, as a mom do I just back off and say, whatever, Be gross! Or do I put my foot down and say if you want to wear it all your waking hours except at school fine, but you will wear clean clothes to school!?
I have opted for the latter, but maybe this is a battle I don't need to fight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Just let him wear it if you're not in public. Maybe you can wash it while he is at school since he isn't allowed to wear it there. I'm with you on the sweatshirt and coat thing. They are totally different. We don't eat dinner when we are wearing our coats!!! We just wear them to get places. Good luck dealing with Ethan!
Tell him he won't get chicks if he is wearing the same thing everyday.
Post a Comment