Sunday, November 23, 2008

Shoes vs Snickers bites


A few weeks ago I ran three miles, fast. Fast for me that is (seriously, not really that fast). And I felt great. And I thought, man I love this. And my skinny jeans fit. And that makes me happy. Vain, I know.

Nearly three weeks have passed and I have been telling myself how I don't really have time to run right now. Jason's schedule, all the activities we have going on, a million errands, making stuff for Christmas. . . something has to give! So the running dropped off the list. And my skinny jeans still fit and I am thinking I am getting some bonus days here.

Yesterday Jason nearly kicked me out the front door. So I went for a run on the most perfect fall day. Clear sunny skies with a little nip in the air. I felt like a sea cow. I was dragging terribly. That chocolate is catching up to me. Easy on the snickers bites!! I am pretty sure Ethan could have wasted me. Humility can be a bummer, huh? Today it's a motivator. Fewer snickers and more miles under my feet from now on.

Yesterday I was sore. Today I am sore. Tomorrow I will be sore. (I'd better be over it before Wednesday though because I have a date with a little white ball!) But I went for a run on a beautiful fall day and even though I was slow it felt good to run again.

No comments: