Friday, June 20, 2008

Poop Post

Question of the day

When changing a very dirty baby, at what point do you decide that a bath is a better option?



This afternoon while I was busy cleaning the kitchen Eli was busy coo-ing and ooh-ing and mamamam-ing and bababa-ing to himself nearby. Soon there was a little cough. Then silence (the calm before the storm). Then serious volcanic activity which lasted for several seconds, several times. Not wanting to change him twice, I kept a close ear on him while I finished wiping counters and the table. More rumbles. Mid rumble I checked his back and it was mustard yellow and spreading fast. Once we got to his room I tried to maneuver his shirt so as not to get poop all over him while getting it off. That was tricky. Of course as soon as I got his diaper off it was a little game to keep his hands out of the poop. That was lovely. I wiped and wiped and wiped and wiped and there are lot of crevices from belly button to buns to back to clean up. After I went through half the tub of wipes (plenty on his hands and many more on his buns) I wondered to myself why didn't I just put this guy in the tub? I believe Eli saw this thought pass through my head because as it was swirling around in my brain he was laughing.

5 comments:

The Nits said...

You can't win, whenever I break down and tub them they end up pooping in the tub anyways. Sam

Mindi said...

Been there, done that

Roxanne said...

This is so going to be me soon. I remember doing the same thing with my boys. I have even thrown away clothes after blow outs like this just because I didn't want to wash them. Granted they were older and white, with very little hope of the yellow washing out. My silly hope is that girls are not as bad as boys.

Clark Family said...

But just look how cute he is...isn't it all worth it? :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I found your blog through Lance and Tess's. You have such a cute little family! We hope you are doing well.
Jon and Robyne Zollinger