All kids say the craziest things. I try to write down the good ones to use as bribery some day or at least for a good laugh when I need it. Here are two pretty good ones from today.
Nathanael: "Mom, sometimes while I'm at swimming lessons I feel like I'm on a rabbit hunt. "
Me: (think, think, how could a rabbit hunt be related to swimming lessons. . .) "You mean like when you go under water to look for something?"
Nathanael: "No, like I am in the woods hunting rabbits."
I was stumped and didn't respond.
Ethan has some hard labor ahead of him since he broke a basement window on Sunday. I am sure I will get around to posting about it sometime soon. He has to earn some serious cash to help pay for the glass. Jason made a long list of stuff to be done. Ethan thought he might take a year or so to finish these chores, not realizing that Jason wants it done by Friday. He will get a new list on Monday. Today Ethan came in after working for about twenty minutes and told me he was done for the day. I swallowed a chuckle and we had a little talk about getting this work done. Needless to say Ethan was less than thrilled and stomped back outside. A few minutes later Jason called and wanted to talk to Ethan. Their conversation went something like this. . .
Jason: What's wrong Ethan?
Ethan: MOM'S MAKING ME WORK! SHE CAN'T MAKE ME WORK!!
Jason: She certainly can make you work.
Ethan: NO SHE CAN'T! THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY!!
Ahh, the injustice of youth. I love how living in a free country means you don't have to work. Except of course if your name is Ethan and you have really mean parents who make you work to earn money to pay the window you broke.
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First of all, I'm glad you finally posted. I was wondering how you guys were doing.
Ethan cracked me up. Miller is getting quite the attitude lately so I can kind of relate. Maybe its an oldest child thing or something.
Can't wait to hear the window story.
I love your kids. They are so cute! And I'm glad I'm not the only mean mom whose kids work because honestly, my kids don't know very many other kids who have to work. So, how do swimming lessons and a rabbit hunt go together? I'm stumped also. Personally, I've never done either one.
Post a Comment