Kate and Mrs. Minton-Valley
Our kids are FINALLY out of school. I am ready to relax the schedule a bit (did I just say that??). The last day was Monday, June 16th. I don't ever recall being in school this late into the summer (yes, in my book summer begins June 1st if not before). The original last day was supposed to be the 12th (which I also think is outrageous), but we had "snow" days to make up. Of course when I went to school we walked uphill both ways to the very far away bus stop (not quite as bad as my parents had it) in rain, sleet, snow and hail and I don't remember 2 feet of snow closing school. Since our city of 50k+ probably owns maybe one snow plow we are at the mercy of even a few measly inches of the fluffy white stuff, which is all we got. I think we might have shoveled once.
This week we are doing almost nothing in preparation for a wonderful summer full of swimming lessons, family reunions, camping and outdoor movies (hint, hint Jason). Hooray for summer!
2 comments:
Careful what you wish for!! Mine have been out for almost 3 weeks now.
Yeah, be careful! I am wishing we would have stayed for those last two weeks of school! I'm already ready for school to start again.
Post a Comment