Friday, March 21, 2008
When reading interupts sleep. . .
I have to start by saying I love to read. I have been known to stay up half the night and on occasion almost the whole night to finish a book. But I read responsibly! I generally only stay up super late reading on the weekend when I can sleep in a little and/or I don't need to look human the next day. That being said, this morning around 4:30 I heard one of the kids get up and go to the bathroom. I looked at my clock and thought to myself- sweet I have another hour and a half to sleep! I promptly rolled over and resumed my repose. Again I was awakened by one of the kids, this time walking past my room. I laid still, waiting. Soon I heard the piano and I knew it wasn't playing itself. I looked at the clock and it was a few minutes before six and Ethan was practicing piano. I got up, woke Eli up (Yes, you read that correctly- and I suppose I am crazy. I snatch him from his cozy basket every morning at 6 and feed him in my bed where we both doze off and on until 6:30. Then I get up and wake up the rest of the house and Eli sleeps until I get him up for real at 7:00) and went back to bed to feed him. At 6:30 when I went to wake up Kate, Ethan was done and came to tell me, "I'm already done practicing piano!" He really thought it would be a surprise to me that he was done, as though I actually slept through him playing! Ok, so maybe that's not too far off since Kate was still out cold. He proceeds to tell me how he woke up at 4:30 am to go to the bathroom (yep, knew that) and he just decided that he wanted a nice long book to read over the weekend so he decided to finish his current book so he could get a new one at the library today to have for the weekend. I just stared at him (incredulous) and said, "So you read from 4:30 until 6:00 in the morning?" This was his response, "Yea. You know Mom, I am all about reading and not so much about sleeping." Huh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment