I hope Elijah learns how to nap sometime soon. It doesn't help that I am running all over town when he needs to sleep so he pretty much doesn't even understand the word NAP. Having a baby when your other kids are older and involved in activities makes for a bad napper. At least, that's my excuse. He lasts anywhere from 15-35 minutes in his crib and then he is done. But an hour later he wants to do it again. It's really the pits. I am trying to get him napping in his crib so we can move him to Kate's room for good. Kate wasn't thrilled about sharing her room with a brother, but now that he's here and he's cuddly and cute she loves it. Yesterday about 15 minutes after I laid him down I heard him screaming like someone has just dropped him on his head. So I peeked in and he was trying desperately to get any part of his thumb or fingers in his mouth, but at the same time he was poking his eye and scratching his face into a bit of a bloody mess. Ouch! It seems like I am always cutting his little finger nails, but clearly I don't do a very good job! Poor kid.
Friday, March 21, 2008
To nap or not to nap
I hope Elijah learns how to nap sometime soon. It doesn't help that I am running all over town when he needs to sleep so he pretty much doesn't even understand the word NAP. Having a baby when your other kids are older and involved in activities makes for a bad napper. At least, that's my excuse. He lasts anywhere from 15-35 minutes in his crib and then he is done. But an hour later he wants to do it again. It's really the pits. I am trying to get him napping in his crib so we can move him to Kate's room for good. Kate wasn't thrilled about sharing her room with a brother, but now that he's here and he's cuddly and cute she loves it. Yesterday about 15 minutes after I laid him down I heard him screaming like someone has just dropped him on his head. So I peeked in and he was trying desperately to get any part of his thumb or fingers in his mouth, but at the same time he was poking his eye and scratching his face into a bit of a bloody mess. Ouch! It seems like I am always cutting his little finger nails, but clearly I don't do a very good job! Poor kid.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor baby's face! The good thing is baby skin seems to heal really fast. I agree with Kate though, he looks so cute and cuddly. He's a beautiful baby. I'm glad you got him!
Post a Comment