Our annual trip to Red Fish Lake was so much fun! This year as we watched gas prices go up and up and up we talked about not going. We thought we might have to drive two cars since it appeared that Eli's car seat wouldn't fit (because it's rear facing) in Jason's truck (the six of us did fit in Jason's truck, but it was a tight fit). We talked about gas for next year and the possibility of not going next year depending on gas. We got kind of sad thinking about it. Well, we had a BLAST and now the attitude has changed- we'll be doing whatever it takes (within reason) to get there again!
We were so happy that our schedule could coincide with that of our friends who also go there every year. The Brown family (I affectionately call them the Twin Falls Mafia- there's a ton of them and at one point we had I think six of the families living in our ward, holding various leadership callings, including the bishop!) was there when we arrived and we were very lucky to get a campsite right next to Ryan and Roxanne. It took us a few hours to get camp set up and during that time I was having trailer envy as I stared at their trailer knowing all they had to do before heading up to the big lake is put the truck in park and unhitch the trailer! Nathanael and Kate had so much fun playing with Phoenix and Gabriel. I had a hard time keeping them at our campsite. After the Browns left some more friends (Jeff and Shara Miller's family) showed up (totally by chance) and camped right by us. The kids spent a lot of time playing with friends, riding bikes and catching butterflies and guppies. We were blessed with great weather, great friends, a great campsite. . . a great time.
Here are some things what we love about Red Fish and camping in general. . .
Who wants to join us next July??
3 comments:
You guys make camping look fun.
:-) I loved all the pictures. I'm sure you had a blast!!! Little Eli is getting HUGE.
How fun! I want to go...but Mat doesn't camp. It's really sad that my boys think camping is going up the canyon and making smores over a fire and then coming home an hour later...really sad!
I'm really sad that we didn't know when everyone was going to be up there. Brett and I totally would have made a day trip out of it if we could. We LOVE it there. And love the people of course.
Post a Comment