Saturday, July 26, 2008

Happy Birthday Ethan


One decade ago our lives changed forever. Ethan was born at 1:47 am on July 24th (Pioneer Day) in Ames, Iowa. His first APGAR was terrible, like 2 or 3 and he didn't breathe for what seemed like a long time. I was pretty out of it after nearly three hours of pushing, but Jason says that the nurses were frantic. The shot of vitamin K was the ticket to finally getting him to cry and then he pinked up nicely. He was 7 lbs 15 oz, 22 inches long with lots of black hair. Now he is 5 feet tall, weighs 90 lbs and, according to him, is FINALLY ten.

Here are ten things about Ethan. . .

1. Ethan is vorascious reader.
2. Ethan loves to exercise (he's making a good walking/running partner for me).
3. Ethan works hard and only complains about it as much as the average ten year old.
4. Ethan loves swim team (even the meets), even though he thought he would hate it.
5. Ethan's favorite sport is basketball.
6. Ethan's favorite food is poppy seed chicken.
7. Ethan's favorite subjects are reading and math.
8. Ethan's favorite place to go is Red Fish Lake (it's on the brain right now).
9. Ethan's favorite color is green and has been since he was old enough to answer the question.
10. Ethan hates cheese with the exception of having it on pizza and a few other special circumstances. (He gets this from my brother, thanks Eric!).


It's been a great ten years Ethan, we love you!

8 comments:

The Nits said...

Congrats Ethan! Keep up the hard work, we expect great things . . .
Joe, Sam and family

Katie L. said...

Happy birthday Ethan! My sister's (Hillary) son turns 10 in a week! They are getting so old!

Clark Family said...

Happy Birthday Ethan! You are such a good kid and we really miss you guys. The baby picture looks exactly like you! Its crazy!
Lots of love,
Tania, Bret, Miller, and Dallin

Heather Skahill said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan! Hope you enjoy Redfish this week. I love the new song on there, Lisa. It's so great, as I too have a soon to be 10 year old. It makes you think about the last 10 years. See you soon!

The Eagar Boones said...

What a handsome boy and cute smile especially now that I have seen it in person so recently. When Ethan was born I remember thinking he looked just like Jason's baby pictures, but now that I have kids of my own, i think he has similar looks to my own children. Mine must have Ellsworth in them after all! i didn't remember all that hair. did it fall out? everyone told my kids would, but it didn't, just curious. have fun at Red Fish.

Laurie said...

He's such a good looking boy! Happy Birthday Ethan!

Love@Home said...

Happy Birthday from us, Ethan! Ok.Ok. Lisa, you must be a pretty remarkable friend to get me to go the "blog route". I figured you went "underground"--thus the drop off in e-mail notes. (I don't have one, still, but probably should. I don't want to break with my current pace of embracing technology.)
Poppy Seed Chicken, eh? The sour cream and soup one? With crackers on top? Zach just asked for that on his b-day 2 days ago!!!
Lisa, these beautiful kids are growing up so much. I am glad to see so many smiles. What a great job you are doing!!!! You're the best.
I'm going full time to UVU this fall to become a...high school biology teacher!!!! Please fwd. any words of advice/warning you may have.
Last night at scouts (Dave's the new cubmaster) my running friend in the ward alerted me to the fact that a friend of hers will no longer be able to run the Hobble Creek 1/2 marathon (Aug. 23), and needs to sell her slot. I really will feel antsy watching the olympics w/o even one athletic iron in the (lungs of) fire! So out of the kindness of my heart, I'm running it. Wish me luck. Or come run it with me. Or both. Or at least send me a get-well card after. Love and miss ya! ~ Angie
p.s. are you going to make it to TF for the open house? And we need to meet you at Red Fish lake sometime. How often do you go? Dave has not yet been there to challenge the fish. He has a bass boat your boys could fly-fish (or just fish)from or tube behind.

Mindi said...

What a cute kid!