Saturday, May 24, 2008

Our Up and Coming Songwriter

Kate has written her top ten song titles for display on a gigantic post-it note that she hung on the wall of our hall for a few days. She came up with eight on her own, asked Jason for help on the ninth and liked that one so much that she couldn't top it.


If the Savior was happy
Come to America
Come with me
See, See with me
See me with Panda in China
Have a happy little day, little pup, little pup
Have a fun day at school
Yah, just my pup
Katie Lady is a daddy's girl

I don't know, but "Yah, just my pup" sounds pretty Top Forty to me.

1 comment:

npk_techguy said...

I have to tell the rest of the story. I bought a large pad of flip chart paper for a meeting and Kate was just crushed that she couldn't write on it. After the meeting I had several sheets left as well as the 8 colored markers. Her and I ran into town and I still had the flip chart in the truck so I let her write on it. Every now and then she would as how to spell a word, "China" etc. I asked her what she was doing and she said, "Writing the titles to my songs." "Just the titles, not the song itself?" I asked. "Nope, I will write the songs later"