Our garden is slowly getting started. Jason built grow boxes, hauled in dirt and on Monday we finally planted a few things. I took pictures and they are all bad. I am not a photographer! I don't have a steady hand so I rarely take the pictures. Because Jason is always hogging the camera I haven't taken the time to really learn about settings, lighting, etc. When Jason saw how dark the pictures are he looked at me and nicely said,"The first thing you need to do when you turn on the camera is turn the dial to A for Auto!" I will try to remember that.
Jason: "This week Lisa got some boneless ribs to BBQ. They were really thick and taking such a long time that I got preoccupied with something else. When I did remember, it was too late, oh, was it too late. There were flames 10 ft high coming off the grill and so much smoke and I couldn't see the stove. Maybe not 10 ft, but when you see your dinner going up in flames, 10 ft actually seems small. The BBQ had caught fire and seared the outside. Which makes me wonder if the sauce is so flammable, why is my wife cooking with it. I trimmed off the edges and the insides were actually really good. It was good they were so thick. That wasn't the end of it. First she immortalized it with a picture and second she told one of the Priest quorum advisors who is a BBQ King. He has already trademarked the name "Fat Dave's BBQ". Oh and all the priests were there as well."
I think the priests could use something to tease him about; heaven knows he teases them incessantly. Notice how much meat is on that board. There wasn't a lot left for eating! Again, the camera was NOT on auto, oops. We can't all be perfect at all things can we??
Friday Ethan had his piano recital. He had three songs and did great. When we got home he was mad because he messed up a little on the the third one. He is a perfectionist and was pretty hard on himself. I told him that we all have good days and bad days and sometimes we are just a little off. That's life, he did great and just let it go. He was having none of it. I wish he could learn to let go of the things he can't change and focus on improving things he can change. Wow, listen to me. I sound like my own parents.
5 comments:
My Gardening prowess more than makes up from my poor form at the BBQ grill.
Jason's comments always crack me up! Love the grow boxes! Fun! Not so much the ribs! And little Ethan is so cute!
Happy Mother's Day!
I have to say I am very glad you update often-thanks! We just barely started Abby in piano-I am jealous Ethan is already to the "recital" phase.
Mat had to give me a whole lesson on our camera! What a great mother's day! I agree that the best present is when our load is made smaller!
Lisa you really do need to just leave the camera on auto! :-)
The grow boxes look GREAT! I should have checked them out while I was there but I didn't think about it.
Ethan did GREAT at recital. He's too hard on himself.
Thanks for a fun mother's day! I love you guys!
Post a Comment