I am in love with BNL's kids CD, Snacktime. The kids like it more than me. In truth, I am a little bit sick of it but EVERY time we get in the car it must be on with the kids singing to it. One of the songs is called, I Don't Like. We simply cannot get through this song without commentary from the peanut gallery. Not only that, it's the same commentary EVERY time. Like it's been rehearsed. I suppose it has, but not really on purpose.
I can eat pork 'til the cows come come
And cheese like it's going out of style
(Kate, "Me too, I LOVE cheese." Ethan, "I HATE cheese.")
I like just about every type of vegetable
(All three of them, "Oh yea, I'm with him, I love vegetables!")
I like raisins, and nuts, and seeds, and olives,
And pickles, and fruit, and beef, and bread,
But I don't like... salmon.
(Nathanael, "I am totally with him. I like fruit and I don't like salmon." Ethan, "How can you say that? You've never even tasted it." Kate, "Well salmon is fish and I don't like fish so I don't like it." Ethan, "You've never even tasted fish!" Kate, "Yes I have." Ethan, "No you haven't" repeat this like an annoying echo including a few supporting arguments. . .
I've jumped from a plane with a parachute
Scuba'd to the ocean floor
Driven super fast in a racing car
I've bungee jumped, and zip lined too,
I've crossed rope bridges over raging rivers
But I don't like... those spinny rides.
(Kate, "Oh yea, I love spinny rides!" Ethan, "I am so with him, I hate spinny rides." Nathanael goes into a long explanation of which spinny rides he likes- did you know there are varying degrees?)
I can fly my very own aeroplane
And I've been to the top of mountains
I've been to the top of the CN Tower
I can work on a ladder, I can climb a tree
I can look out the window of a really tall building
But if I stand close to the edge of a railing, or up on a roof or something I realize I don't like... heights so much.
(Ethan, "I agree. I don't like heights." Nathanael, "Me too, I don't like heightsomuch." "Nathanael it's heights. . . . .so. . . . .much, three words." Nathanael, "Well I still don't like heightsomuch."
And cheese like it's going out of style
(Kate, "Me too, I LOVE cheese." Ethan, "I HATE cheese.")
I like just about every type of vegetable
(All three of them, "Oh yea, I'm with him, I love vegetables!")
I like raisins, and nuts, and seeds, and olives,
And pickles, and fruit, and beef, and bread,
But I don't like... salmon.
(Nathanael, "I am totally with him. I like fruit and I don't like salmon." Ethan, "How can you say that? You've never even tasted it." Kate, "Well salmon is fish and I don't like fish so I don't like it." Ethan, "You've never even tasted fish!" Kate, "Yes I have." Ethan, "No you haven't" repeat this like an annoying echo including a few supporting arguments. . .
I've jumped from a plane with a parachute
Scuba'd to the ocean floor
Driven super fast in a racing car
I've bungee jumped, and zip lined too,
I've crossed rope bridges over raging rivers
But I don't like... those spinny rides.
(Kate, "Oh yea, I love spinny rides!" Ethan, "I am so with him, I hate spinny rides." Nathanael goes into a long explanation of which spinny rides he likes- did you know there are varying degrees?)
I can fly my very own aeroplane
And I've been to the top of mountains
I've been to the top of the CN Tower
I can work on a ladder, I can climb a tree
I can look out the window of a really tall building
But if I stand close to the edge of a railing, or up on a roof or something I realize I don't like... heights so much.
(Ethan, "I agree. I don't like heights." Nathanael, "Me too, I don't like heightsomuch." "Nathanael it's heights. . . . .so. . . . .much, three words." Nathanael, "Well I still don't like heightsomuch."
sigh.
4 comments:
that just busted me up out loud!! ahhh, such similar car rides!! occasionally I'm known to start screaming :)
I have no idea what/who BNL is. Sounds like a fun CD/song..but I think I would get tired of it a lot quicker than the kids also.
I don't like heightsomuch either so I'm with Nathanael! Glad I had a little part of that insanity. (smile)
I love kid CD's...but I have to keep changing them or else I go crazy! We just made one the other day because we are headed on a trip next week! I will have to try this one out! We just got the BNL kids song "The other day I met a bear" and we sing it all day, along with the "Witch Doctor" and the "Purple People Eater"! Ha! I have no idea what music is popular now because of this! :)
Post a Comment