Monday, April 5, 2010

Neglected

The blog has been neglected. It's not the only thing. There are plenty of things that get neglected around here. I really try to ensure that my kids aren't among those things. So, for the blog I can only do what I can do and that tells you where it lands on the to do list. I've wanted to put a little tid bit here or add a picture there but we all know where good intentions take us don't we? Here are some random pictures of our goings on lately. . .


Acting out the Nativity on Christmas morning.
We had a wonderful holiday.


Hot tubbing at the hotel pool on a little Seattle getaway after Christmas


Valentine's Day


Basketball season has come and gone. I love basketball because: 1) It's great exercise. 2) It's a fun winter activity. 3) If we are lucky it's like each child having 3 play dates a week (2 practices, one game) with a bunch of friends for six weeks. 4) It's super fun to watch them discover the game and enjoy themselves. It's pretty much good clean fun for all involved. This was Nathanael's first year. He can be a spaz (a "cool" word from my youth that is the perfect description of Nathanael) as evidenced below. Kate likes to play, though she has yet to understand why people get so worked up about this game. There is not a competitive bone in this girl, unless of course Nathanael is trying to beat her to the car. Then she transforms before our eyes. This year she was a great defender. She would stay on her opponent like no other. Who really cares where the ball is? In the picture you can see that the girl with the ball is behind her, but her eyes are glued to her opponent. Ethan had a great year. He's all arms and legs right now and can have a hard time making all those parts work together!


Just made a basket

She's not letting that girl out of her sight

Basketball 2010


Henry being protected from some ball playing in the basement


St. Patrick's Day


It's started again. . .


We spent three days of our Spring Break in Seattle. We saw old friends, went to the zoo & Pacific Science Center and hung out with The Joe Ellsworths. Thank you Joe and Sam!


Elijah talking to the bears

Ethan, Nathanael and Kate catching a cat nap after the zoo

The butterfly house with two babies; one exhausted,
the other covered with spit up.
I hope I didn't just sit on an endangered butterfly, but I had to sit down.
My soul keenly feels Elijah's expression.


Ethan and Gunner playing chess, life size


Easter Sunday 2010

Happy Easter! Since our spring break was this week we didn't have any soccer games or other activities on Saturday so we were able to be home and listen to conference. It was awesome! Conference is always so good. I feel especially motivated to read the talks more often during these next few months.

I'd like to think I will revisit our little corner of cyberspace more often, but I guess that remains to be seen.

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

It's okay Lisa I will take what I can get. I have become a total binge blogger so I totally get it.

I have been meaning to email you and thank you for some good evening entertainment. We got a call from your house one late night (unknown to you I assume) and got a kick out of the bedtime routine. Ha Ha Ha!

The Nits said...

That was a great update, it's so hard to fit so much into one blog, you did great.