Monday, January 18, 2010

The Past Few Months

So I had a baby and stopped doing everything that wasn't absolutely necessary. Truth be told I even stopped doing some of the necessary stuff. I have heard this a lot during the past few months, "Mom I don't have any clean (insert any article of clothing you like here)!" I'll never be able to use the excuse, "I just had a baby" ever again so I figured I had better make the best of it.

But I am determined to climb back on the wagon that is my life so now we'll have regular meals, clean laundry more often and a whole bunch of posts in a row. :)

This fall our family watched or played a lot of soccer. During that time I mostly stayed home and lactated or slept with Henry. But I did make it to a few games late in the season.


We went to Disney on Ice for Free! I love free! The first half was fabulous, the second half, not so much.


We celebrated Halloween with cousins. Oh how we love the cousins!!


Henry was blessed on a gorgeous November day. Thanks to all the family who joined us!


We had a fabulous Thanksgiving in Boise, ID with my family. Here's my Mom and Dad enjoying the meal. Does my Dad look like he might not be happy that the next day he turned 59 (again)? Happy Birthday Dad!


Kate and Ethan played in their winter piano recital. Here they are with their teacher, Shirley Ransom.


Jason turned 38! Wowza. You go babe! This picture tells me two things. #1. You are one awesome Dad and husband since you held our sweet little bundle for many nights in the wee hours so I could sleep just a little longer. Thank you so much! #2. Staying up half the night with a newborn in our late 30's is WAY harder than it was in our 20's! I do believe this picture was actually taken just after 8 pm. :)

I have struggled like crazy to keep up with life and at the same time slow down and enjoy every single second of my time with little Henry. Knowing he is our last has made me want to stop the clock. Seeing how Ethan has grown up so fast reminds me that I won't be holding Henry in my arms for long and I want to savor it. I have done as little as possible around here and Jason has been extra nice about it. Besides feeding kids and changing babies and sort of keeping up on the house I managed to get out of the house for a super fun Christmas party dressed as an elf named Beaker Sparkly Toes.


Ethan had his first ever orchestra concert and he had a short violin solo. He was very, very nervous but did wonderfully. He's loving music right now. He also made a very cool hatchet for a school project.


Kate turned nine! She had a cupcake party with her friends at a little bakery downtown and then we made this cake at home for her. She loved putting on and eating the terrible sugar cube candies that spelled out her name. This girl has a terrible sweet tooth. My mother would say she inherited that from me.


Nathanael turned 7 and had a crazy boy birthday party and lost his two front teeth. Sadly his permanent teeth were already coming in pretty well before the primary ones fell out so he never had a toothless grin.


Elijah has become uber naughty and extra cute. Bad combo for me, good for him.


And finally our wonderful bundle of joy has gone from this. . .


to this. . .


to this. . .


to this. . .

3 comments:

Heather Skahill said...

I guess a neglected blog is better than totally neglected kids! I loved the update and the new pictures are so adorable. Those babies sure are cute, even if they are zapping all the energy right out of you.

Clark Family said...

yay! an Ellsworth update! Little Henry is a doll. I want to snuggle him!!!!! He reminds SO much of Ethan.

Where did you get all these pictures done? Very cute.

Cheri said...

That's so funny, you used the same outfit to bless Henry in as we used for our new Tyler last month.